A series of broadcast and web videos for Quiksilver’s spring line of clothing. Shot on Super 16mm film on location in Thailand, the spots were used domestically and internationally for broadcast, web and DVD promotional purposes.
- Client: Quiksilver International
- Shoot location: Bangkok and Krabi, Thailand
- Project Lengths: 1:30, 4x :30s
- Debut Date: 2/2008
- Talent: Julian Wilson, Danny Fuller, Sophie Leddick, Tim Reynolds
- Executive Producer: Roger Russell
- Producer: J. Williams & Timothy Ryan
- Art Director: Scott Richards
- Director of Photography: David Warshauer
- Editor: Timothy Ryan
- Motion Graphics: Conor Colwell
- Production Stylist: Greg Marre
- Productions Assistant: Blake Choate
- Location Photographer: Luke Fisher & Jeremiah Webster
- Location Producer: Flying Tiger Film Co., Ltd.
- Music Supervision: BrandRacket
Monster Energy drink has never one to follow the status quo. So when they said they were launching a brand new national internal sales campaign for their employees, distributors and partners we knew we had to come back with something that would not only catch their attention and be entertaining, but also fun and informative. We pitched a unique and creative training video to the brand and they loved it from the get-go. We let our imagination run wild and put together a serious crew to achieve this goal including Emmy winner talent from Los Angeles. Starring Jackass and Monster personality Weeman (Jason Acuna) and several of the Monster Girls we think we achieved this goal. The video ended up being a smashing success that was sent to Coca~Cola and Budweiser (two of Monster’s main distributors) as well as national sales meetings. NOTE: Video has been modified for web/public viewing due to NDA agreements.
- Director: Jimmy Romano
- Producer: Timothy Ryan
- Line Producer: Donna Fewell
- First AD: Robin Hood
- Editor: Timothy Ryan + Jason Tucker
- Associate Producer: Brad Armstrong
- Executive Producer: Micah Bingeman
- Director of Photography: Marvin Rush
- 1st AC: Michael Rush
- Gaffer: Cody Caldwell
- Key Grip: Jay Lorenz
- Jason Acuna as himself
Music Video for Butch Walker’s hit single “The Weight of Her” from the album “Sycamore Meadows.” Butch Walker is acclaimed singer-songwriter, was raised in Georgia, now making Los Angeles his home. He is a Grammy-Award nominated artist for his songwriting – whose talent list includes Katy Perry, Avril Lavingne and P!nk among others.
- Producer: Jed Rhein
- Co-Directors: Conor Colwell + Conrad Jackson
- EP / DIT: Timothy Ryan
On a Rail: Europe
Award-winning documentary featuring three professional surfers touring Europe via the Eurail while exploring the cultures and waves the continent has to offer. The 12-page cover story article was featured in Surfing Magazine (Feb ’09) covered the entire trip and the film was critically acclaimed and distributed worldwide.
- project title: On A Rail: Europe
- project length: 27 minutes
- debut date: 3/24/2009
- shooting locations: Portugal, Spain, France, England, Scotland
- directed by: Timothy Ryan
- edited by: Logan Knutzen
- surfers: Dylan Graves, Blake Jones, Dane Ward
- original music: Adam Lathrun & Gabe Rodriquez, Matthew Yundt
Skater Ollies Car
Wildly successful viral video, reaching more than 3MM views and garnering homepage coverage of many popular web destinations including MSN, MySpaceTV, GrindTV, Shred or Die, Break, eBaumsWorld and many more. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. The famous Car Ollie spawned copy-cat campaigns from Nike and Axe Body Spray. Peaking at 600,000 views in one day, and having 1 in every 24 viewers comment on the video it was considered one of the most successful viral video campaigns to date.
- project title: Skater Ollies Car
- project length: :41
- shoot date: 6/2008
- debut date: 6/2008
- creative director: Timothy Ryan
- Director of Photography: Conor Colwell
- Editor: Timothy Ryan
- Special Effects Supervisor: Conor Colwell
- Skater: Zach Miller
- Stunt Driver: Ricky Whitlock
Short film comparing & contrasting the surfing generations and lifestyles between the 60s and today’s era. Decades was included into several surf and action sports film festivals.
- Director/Cinematographer/Editor: Timothy Ryan
- Music Consultant/Location Scout: Sean Taylor
Surfers 4 Cetaceans
A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. The Visual Petition consists of thousands of worldwide petitioners raising their voices in a peaceful manner.
NASA, an organization that continues to push the boundaries in science and imagery, is out with a fantastic new time lapse of the earth. At 5 minutes long, this piece covers every part of the globe. This piece in particular was shot on a special low-light 4k camera from an approximate altitude of 350km above Earth. You can read more details on location and other info here. Hope you enjoy.